atarionline.pl Kto to jest? - Forum Atarum

Jeśli chcesz wziąć udział w dyskusjach na forum - zaloguj się. Jeżeli nie masz loginu - poproś o członkostwo.

• :
  • :

Vanilla 1.1.4 jest produktem Lussumo. Więcej informacji: Dokumentacja, Forum.

• 1: CommentAuthorRamos
    • CommentTime19 Aug 2009

Staram się oprócz rypania muzyki z różnych produkcji atarowskich poprawić credtsy w archiwum ASMA i licze na waszą pomoc, że mi coś w tym kierunku trochę pomożecie.
    No lecimy z tekstem.

- moze ktos wie to pospisywał się jako Kaoma w produkcji Andermajnd i stworzył cover Lambady?
    - jak się nazywa (imie i nazwisko) Capone, Crisis Software, Eagle Soft (napisal muzyke do obrazka Guns 'n' Roses autorstwa Dracon'a), Spueli-Soft, Kalu$, Tobi, Piccus czy Mruczy.
    - jak ma na imie nie jaki W. Rymórz ?
    - kto podpisywal sie jako Lockay i stworzył muzykę do Tragedy Zina?
    - kto jest autorem coveru grupy Ich Troje: ->link<-
    - kto jest autorem muzyki Spejs Invejder (popisane Trzcinowy Zakapior) ->link<-
    • 2:

CommentAuthorlotharek
    • CommentTime19 Aug 2009

Trzcinowy Zakapior

animkomials...poczytaj forum atariarea..po jakims czasie wpadniesz na to...
    • 3: CommentAuthorZza_parawanu
    • CommentTime19 Aug 2009 zmieniony

• Piccus to Yezus/SSG — ten utwór to efekt pizzowej głupawki na jednym z Lastów, gdzie powstało multum produkcji okołopizzowych.
    • Domysł: Mruczy (Mruczyś?) — prawdopodobnie Marcyś/Sword
    • Domysł: Lockay: prawie na pewno Zoltar X, to on robił
    Tragedy Ziny od A do Z.
    • Kaoma w Andermind — musi ktoś z Delightly Union.
    • Crisis Software to chyba DCK? Więc zapewne autor tego pakietu. Robil też i nawet wydal komercyjnie pakiet użytków Tools, chyba też robil soft do SN-360, jak mi się wydaje, choc instrukcja na to nie wskazuje, może był jakiś odnośnik w samym programach, teraz nie sprawdzę.
    • 4: CommentAuthorRamos
    • CommentTime19 Aug 2009

dzięki za informacje, postram się to poprawić w plikach ASMA.
    Crisis Software to rzeczywiście DCK, bo tytuł muzyki jest DCK - Demosong. Jak potrzebne mi jest imie i nazwisko jego.
    • 5: CommentAuthortatqoo
    • CommentTime19 Aug 2009

Muszę was zmartwić, ale cover lambady jest mój :) :) :) Tylko jakiś zrąbany troszkie ten sap jest.
    • 6:

CommentAuthorDracon
    • CommentTime20 Aug 2009

Pakiet DCK = Robert Łączyński się zwał bodajże, był w Crisis Soft, ale czy był sam (tym -softem) to nie wiem.

Kalu$ (Kali) - to taki pirat-nagrywacz z dawnej giełdy w gdańskim ŻAKU (ok. 1991-1993 r.)

Eagle Soft to też z giełdy w Żaku, miał na imię Robert ale nazwiska nie pamiętam/nie znam. Nie tylko nagrywał ale próbował swych sił w asemblerze (stworzył co najmniej jedno intro). Niestety, zginął tragicznie - utopił się nad morzem. :( A ta muzyczka z mojego "intra" to była skomponowana albo przez niego, albo przez osobę znaną jako TABU albo jeszcze kogoś innego (w każdym razie miałem ją od tego pierwszego).
    • 7:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime20 Aug 2009 zmieniony

Ramos, koniecznie musisz przestudiowac Scene Register, na przyklad 5.0, ale i wczesniejsze sie przydadza.

np. Yezus/SSG - Jakub Karwacki
    • 8: CommentAuthorRamos
    • CommentTime20 Aug 2009

Dobrą rzeczą jest też Atariki. Świetna rzecz, szkoda że jest rzako aktualizowana. A dużo ludzi wiec pewne rzeczy i przydałoby się je tam uzupełnić.
    • 9: CommentAuthorRamos
    • CommentTime20 Aug 2009

Kaz popraw na tym dysku ten program, bo jakos nie mogę ich wczytać z tego DOSu. Ściągnąłem sobie ze strony Fandal'a.
    • 10:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime20 Aug 2009

Jak mam poprawic program? To nie moj, poza tym stary jak swiat :D. Pochodzi z kolekcji Vasca na pigwie:

ftp://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/atari_forever/
    • 11: CommentAuthorRamos
    • CommentTime26 Aug 2009

mam pytanie.Czy Jaro to Jaroslaw Luszcz? On prawdopodobnie razem z Tomaszem Luszczem napisal muzykę do gry Samurai's Game.
    • 12:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime26 Aug 2009

Tego akurat nie wiem, ale wyslalem Ci inna liste, moze sie przyda.
    • 13:

CommentAuthormiker
    • CommentTime26 Aug 2009

Mruczy raczej nie Marcyś, niezupełnie jego styl. Reszta - popieram tajemniczą osobę zza parawanu. ;)
    Well,

Spueli Soft = Martin Spielmanns, a german programmer who did several sound-demo disks on the A8 (mostly in Turbo Basic XL); afaik he also programmed on the Amiga...

-Andreas Koch.
    • 15:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime29 Aug 2009

Charlie - glad to see you presenting German authors. I hope you will be our window for German Atari world and will supply us with information and stuff.
    • 16:

CommentAuthorDracon
    • CommentTime30 Aug 2009

By the way: what happens to brilliant German group named "The German Chaotics" ??? And what about Benjy and CSS ? Why the Halle Project and Hobby-Tronic demo-series have been stopped? So, there are plenty of questions... :|
    Well,

The German Chaotics split up - and only a year later a new group named The Chaotic Crew was formed (Ingo Tamme was a member of both groups). But even they left the A8 scene, I do not know what they were doing then and what they are doing right now...

Benjy-soft and Pegasus still visit the annual Abbuc meeting every now and then. They still have their Ataris, but they do not have the time to program something on it...

CSS in Germany was Karsten Schmitt, the last time I have heard of him, was that he was living in London/UK and he was working as a PC programmer there... He even had a homepage, but I do not remember its URL (there was a topic in the Abbuc forum where this homepage was mentioned)...

Analog Research or Rolf A. Specht is working as a teacher and he is too busy with private life to support the A8 any longer. Every 3-5 years he turns up at the annual Abbuc meeting, but leaves after just an hour or two...

KE-Soft or Kemal Ezcan married and became Kemal Yun, divorced and married again, so he is Kemal Zhang right now. You can still find his old Kemal Yun homepage and also his newer Kemal Zhang homepage (search for Zhang games). He is a game-designer for ordinary board games and works fulltime in his own copy-shop. Every now and then he designs new board games or programs some of his old A8 games for the Apple Mac (while the A8 games are PD, the Apple Mac games are commercial), in other words: he is still in business !

Well, the Hobby-Tronic was a huge computer fair that was situated in Duesseldorf/Germany. Atari took part at this fair until 1992, then they released press info, that they are too busy with new things (then: the Atari Jaguar) and would not come to the next fair, instead they wanted to do their own fairs in the forthcoming years. This was the last time, that Atari was seen at the Hobbytronic and well, Abbuc also did not take part anymore at the Hobbytronic fair. Halle Project was the follow-up Atari fair and demo project of Hobby-tronic, it was an idea of the Top Crew and CSS. As said before, CSS moved to London, the Top Crew split up (rumours said, that some Top-Crew member fell in love with the girlfriend of another Top-Crew member and that was the reason for the split) and that was bye-bye to Halle Project...

Feel free to ask more questions, but please don`t hit me, if some of the rumours I tell are completely wrong (I do not know the Top Crew, nor Benjy nor CSS personally)...

-Andreas Koch.
    • 18: CommentAuthorRamos
    • CommentTime30 Aug 2009 zmieniony

Chip Special Software to Karsten Schmitt. Wydał swoje kompozycje na CD: ->link<-
    • 19:

CommentAuthorDracon
    • CommentTime30 Aug 2009

@Andreas:
    Thanks a lot for your explanations!
    As for Ingo Tamme of G.C. check old small demo "Stars" by CSS. Isn't there written that Ingo went for programming consoles? And the second person from that groups seems to make a music (techno-style or something).

What about BENJY soft itself? Is it Sven Tegethoff only or more ppl? I'd correct some info on (Polish) Atariki site about him/them.

Do you know what's going on with MegaMagazine#8?
    It's released but not freely available as I can see.
    I have no luck trying to "buy" it from that site where I found it:
    ->link<-
    • 20:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime30 Aug 2009

I had the same problems with buying MM8, got an error massage when ordered. Finally I got copies of both discs.
    Well,

authors of Benjy Soundmonitor or formerly Benjy-Soft were Stephan Duesterhoeft (Benjy) and Juergen Schildmann (Pegasus, also author of the later Pegasus Sound Monitor). Whereas Sven Tegethoff is author of Black Magic Composer.

MM8 is available via Fred Mejier and his Rewind-Games shop, I do not know why some people cannot order anything from this site, maybe it depends on the browser or something else. I ordered from this site successfully and I also have MM8 in my collection. Don`t expect too much of MM8, it is full of older texts from Bewesoft (Jiri Bernasek) and afair there are no other contributors to this magazine...
    • 22:

CommentAuthorDracon
    • CommentTime1 Sep 2009 zmieniony

Well, thanks a lot again. :)

Today I'm curious about COMPY SHOP (it was to be a really big and skilled Atari developer, I know its tools in hard- and software!!) and Peter Sabath (is it his real name? This guy was a real genius at his time!). How about them, are they alive and what they do nowadays?

Regarding MM8 do you know what is its -exact- status?? Can it be freely copied all around the world? :)
    You are a bit wrong because in this issue there were also some texts by Frankenstein and one by me (about ASMA-collection). And I'm disappointed by Freddie as once he had asked me to wrote that article and afterwards he didn't let me know MM8 was released at last... :| So, I even haven't got a copy of MM8 myself (while being a contributor)... That's rather not fair, doesn't it? ;(
    Well,

some years ago Freddie declared all MM as freeware and made a website available where one could download them - that was when MM 1-7 were out (and thats where I got all MegaMagazines from). Now MM8 is also available and there is no word about it being freeware or not. I would guess so, since all other MegaMagazines are freeware...

Regarding Compyshop, the owner was Erwin Reuss and in the 80s Compyshop was a computer shop not only for the Atari, but also for other computers. Nowadays Erwin Reuss is still having his own computer shop and err, guess what he is selling - Apples and Ataris, err, Apple Mac`s and IBM compatible PC`s. So, he just moved on with selling other computer hardware and software...

Peter Sabath left the A8 scene around 1994 - I did not hear anything from him until last year. It was a big surprise for all of us when he suddenly appeared at the annual Abbuc meeting 2008, think he was there for an hour or two and Wolfgang convinced him to join Abbuc, so now Peter is an Abbuc member again. Alas, I do not know what he is doing nowadays and err, until now we did not see, hear or read anything from him in Abbuc magazine. Have to ask Wolfgang if he knows more about Peter`s current life...
    • 24:

CommentAuthorDracon
    • CommentTime6 Sep 2009

Nice... Let me ask you another question(s). :)

I know Torsten Karwoth wrote superb "Megablast" game and "TKS-Macroassembler". Is there anything else? Why and where did he left Atari scene? It's a great pity one can't see his newest Atari programs... ;(

Besides...
    Are there skilled enough A8-programmers in Germany (nowadays) that could wrote some HQ demos like those from Poland?
    Hmm,

I do not know why T. Karwoth left the A8 scene, he appears every now and then at the annual Abbuc meeting. I know the following programs of T. Karwoth fame:

- Laser Duell (type-in listing from Happy Computer, fore-runner of Megablast)
    - Megablast I (alas, Megablast II was never released)
    - Tron or T.K. Tron (a good Tron clone with editor)
    - Macro Assembler 4.32 (older version for 128k machines)
    - Macro Assembler 2.1 (newer version for 128k - 1024k machines)
    - supplied with Macro Assembler: Power Packer, Packer and Linker (two packer programs)
    - Sound Monitor Professional (mono and stereo versions available)
    - MyDOS Batchfile Enhancement
    and some more programs and some demos which I cannot remember right now.

Well, there surely are some programmers here in Germany, but most of them are too lazy or do not have the time (family you know) to write some high-quality demos. We have Heaven, Stefan Dorndorf and lots of other Abbuc members (most Abbuc members are from Germany), but very few german atarians are active programmers - and not all of them are interested in demos. Some of the few programmers we have prefer writing games, others prefer writing tools/utilities/applications, etc. The sadest thing for me is that Abbuc has approx. 400 members, but only 5%-10% of them are active nowadays. And me, I am no programmer, not at all; I have never programmed anything and I simply cannot program, I prefer converting gfx and sounds, creating new game-levels and writing texts / articles, thats all...

greetings, Andreas Koch.
    • 26:

CommentAuthorDracon
    • CommentTime15 Sep 2009 zmieniony

Nice!! As one can see there are some really laborous and valuable programmers from Germany as well.

As for PEGASUS, is this his website:
    ->link<-
    ? ;)

Regarding Torsten, where I could get this proggies:
    - Macro Assembler 2.1 (newer version for 128k - 1024k machines)

- Sound Monitor Professional (stereo version)

I also look for original (unprotected) disk versions of "XL-ART" and "DIGI-PAINT" (from M.A.P.D.A)

Next questions are:
    - Who was exactly known as GNOME DESIGN and what is his Atari "legacy" ?

- What about Friday Soft (Peter Friday) (who I know from his useful MD8-player and some ABBUC-intros) ?
    Well,

attached you will find all programs by T. Karwoth which I have in my collection, furthermore you will find some MAPDA programs which I have in my collection. Small info:
    - Megblas.ATR = MegaBlasT I
    - Lasduel.XEX = Laser Duell
    - MyDOS 4.50 & MyDOS 4.55: one of them (or maybe both) should contain the MyDOS Batchfile-Enhancement by TK
    - Packer 1: contains Powerpacker and Packer+Linker by TK (and many other packers)
    - TKTron.ATR: Tron + Editor by TK plus some levels (modified/made easier by me)
    - Smonprof & Smonsteo: Soundmon Prof. mono and Soundmon Prof. stereo (have not tried the stereo version yet, don`t hit me if it is not really stereo...)
    - TKASS 4.32: older version of TK`s Macro Assembler (requires 128k min.)
    - TKASS 2.1: newer version of TK`s Macro Assembler (requires 128k min., supports up to 1088k RAM)

Well, I have to look for Gnome Design, as I do not remember their real names right now (afaik, they were two german programmers - you can find some of their stuff in the Hobbytronic and Halle Demos; also Abbuc intro ?25? was done by them if I remember correctly...)

Enough for now, more in the next reply...
    -Andreas Koch.
    to be continued...

MAPDA was an Atari group from Munich, they disappeared in the early 90s, around 1992 afaik. I have only a few programs of them, Abbuc is still trying to get all the programs they have done (alas, as of yet without much success, they got a few MAPDA mags and the stuff I already have)...

I could find a cracked copy of XL-ART in my huge A8 pirate collection (burned on several CD`s and DVD`s by Holmes, Nir Dary, CTH and others). Alas, I do not have Digi Paint and I am also searching for it for some years now. I know they gave a licence to Power per Post to sell this program for some years, when the licence ended, the program "disappeared" and there was no source yet where one could buy it. So I have to ask Abbuc members if someone bought it and is kind enough to give me a copy...

Here is what I have from MAPDA:
    - XL ART: cracked copy by Copy Crew Amsterdam (the first one I found when searching for it on my pirate stuff)
    - Picload: contains a print-program named "Weak" (for 24-needle printers) by MAPDA
    - MAPDA_AS: MAPDA Assembler, alas without any docs
    - Zargon XE: a german text-adventure by MAPDA (requires 128k min.)

And that was all when searching for MAPDA in my collection (as mentioned before, Abbuc has some MAPDA magazines which I do not have right now).

Regarding Friday Software, this is Wolfgang Freitag, he started programming on the A8 at the age of 13 years in the early 90s. Think he left the A8 scene three to five years later. There are a lot of Abbuc intros, Top magazine intros, PD-Mag intros and demos by him, as well as Fampy 2.x and Famppy 6.1i+ (two MD8 players for the A8). He also took part at the Halle-Demos and joined an Abbuc regional group named WAF (which does not exist anymore, but they produced some WAF-Demos, e.g. the WAF-Demo disk). I cannot tell what he is doing right now, nor why he has left the A8 scene. He was mostly interested in programming demos and playing back or converting MOD sounds on the A8... let me know if you want some of his demos or the fampy programs.

Greetings, Andreas Koch.
    • 29:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime16 Sep 2009

You are an incredible source of programs and stories! :)
    • 30:

CommentAuthorDracon
    • CommentTime28 Sep 2009 zmieniony

Welcome (again)!
    I'm grateful for plenty info you provided, Andreas. But "it ain't over yet!" (as stated in one of The_Gatekeeper's demo). ;)

According to my little research, "XL-ART" has been sold in Germany by Compy Shop (or someone else but in legal way). Is it true? I also got several cracked version of this software but it usually locks up after some heavy working. ;(

I bet GNOME DESIGN was a German group that consists of two talented guys: Torsten Winkler and Sven Tegethoff. Am I right? I wonder what they did for Atari 8-bit except some intros for ABBUC and revolutionary (at that time) "BLACK MAGIC COMPOSER".

Pegasus set up a firm BLUE FLAME that published nice logic game "MAD STONE". Is this the only software from it?
    What's up with this company and Pegasus afterwards?? ;o

I noticed in the past VERY cool game called "LOADED BRAIN" - from HBSF (Berlin). What about those guys? What else did they do?

OK, that's enough for now. :)
    Hello Dracon,

you are correct, Gnome Design = T. Winkler and S. Tegethoff. As far as I know they merely produced Abbuc intros and BMC. I also heard (and read in Abbuc magazines and Hobbytronic demos) rumours about a logic or thinking game named "Pyramids" done by Gnome Design, alas I have never seen it...

Yes, XL-ART had been sold by Compyshop. Compyshop once sold all its rights to Klaus Peters for 500 DM and err, Klaus Peters once sold all its rights to ABBUC for 1000 DM. So for some years now the Compyshop and K. Peters rights belong to Abbuc... XL-ART has not been released as an Abbuc magazine or special magazine yet...

Yes, Pegasus set up Blue Flame and it looks like Mad Stone was its only program, at least I have not heard nor seen any other program by Blue Flame. Mad Stone was published as an Abbuc special magazine (Sondermagazin) or an annual Abbuc gift (Jahresgabe)...

HBSF also did a desktop publishing program (I don`t get the name right now, it was published by Power per Post, Werner Raetz), but afaik thats all they did. Not sure if they (or he?) released something in eastern german Atari magazines, since I never owned these eastern german magazines...
    Errrm,
    just checked out the old Abbuc intros and the Gnome Design intro I was referring to is on Abbuc magazine 20 (not 25). Attached some of the Abbuc intros here (only the intros)...
    • 33:

CommentAuthorDracon
    • CommentTime8 Oct 2009 zmieniony

Hiya, it's me again. :)
    At first some software requests. Please, do upload here:

- FAMPY (all versions) - I used it in the past and have nice feelings about it. ;)

- an intro from ABBUC ZINE by Friday (done on Xmas (93?); there was his photo visible and that issue also contains (second!)intro from SLIGHT group)

- an unmodified [original] version of XL-ART -> I assume you are able to get it (are you still a chief of ABBUC PD-Bibliothek?). ;)

I have personally checked out the desktop publishing program by HBSF in the past but unfortunately lost the disk with it afterwards. :(((
    This software was called "Desktop 130XE" or something like that... It seemed to be guite good and useful... and the most unusal thing in it was a small arcade game included inside! So, could you find it somewhere and share with us?

Besides...
    What has happened to AMC VERLAG from Austria (developer of well know "HERBERT" game)? I've heard its chief (Armin Stuermer?) passed away some years ago in the hospital. :( They also (probably) announced the "Stereo-Blaster". What was that exactly (esp. comparing to "standard" stereo-upgrade published at first in MegaMagazine) and have you got any photo(s) of this hardware-enhancement for the XL/XE? ;O

Regards,
    Michal (Dracon/TQA)
    • 34:

CommentAuthorDracon
    • CommentTime16 Oct 2009 zmieniony

Hello CharlieChaplin, could you answer again? Or are my requests... too "brave" ? ;)
    Hello Michal,

sorry - I did not notice there was something new here. Maybe you can write me a private/personal mail in the future: andiko at web point de (at=@ and point =.)

Alright, regarding Fampy, only two versions were officially published: Fampy 2.3 and Fampy 6.1. You can find them in the attachment here...

I have never been chief of the Abbuc PD library, I once was the leader of the software ressort but this was some years ago (software ressort = more or less the one who collects the software for the Abbuc Software contest, writes the f*cking new / longer and longer rules every year and gets lots of complaints of unsatisfied Abbuc members every year). I am really happy I no longer have that kind of job...

Regarding XL-Paint, Abbuc got the rights of all Compyshop and Klaus Peters hardware and software, so they should be able to publish an unmodified version of it. Alas they did not do it and err, I also do not have an unmodified version of this program (only cracks)...

Hmm, I once had the HBSF desktop as an original version, but no more. It is still sold commercially I think, so I have to contact the vendor, if he can sell me a copy of it again (as of yet, I cannot upload it, since I don`t have it)...

- Andreas Koch.
    Hello again,

AMC-Verlag was a german company founded by (former Atari Germany/Hamburg employee) Armin Stuermer in Wiesbaden. The company originally had four programmers, Armin doing the sound (often with the Soundmachine) and publishing the software, Rolf Kothe and Rainer Kothe doing the programs (games) and Holger Kurth doing the programs (mostly applications, like Printstar 1, 2, and 2+24) and the copy protection.

On February 5th, 1998 Armin Stuermer died and I got the heir of AMC-Verlag. Since I had/have absolutely no knowledge about copy protection, I was unable to make or sell any copies, thus some years later I made all AMC programs available as freeware and the AMC magazines as PD. I also gave official orders to Homesoft, two members of SSMB and Chrodegang from atarimania to remove the copy-protection for me. After this had been done, I uploaded all AMC programs to the Abbuc website, later to atari-age and other sites...

Regarding the stereo-hardware that was built by Portronic (also Armin Stuermer), it was made with a big loss of money and lots of unsold hardware. Think Armin sold approx. 50 pieces of them and err, there was not only one but four (or more) different versions. One was called Stereo Blaster, another one Stereo Phaser and the best known one (maybe) Stereo Blaster Pro (where pro simply meant "programable"). This hardware plugged into the monitor port (which was then available again on the Stereo Blaster / Phaser / Blaster Pro itself) and gave two chinch outputs and via various paddles one could change the frequencies, amplitudes and other stuff, thus generate a sound that was similar to stereo. It worked with every Atari and every program, there was no need to have any special (stereo blaster/phaser/...) program.

The Stereo Blaster Pro however could be programmed with two simple Pokes (don`t know them anymore) and then one could hear true stereo ! For the Pro version there was the "Stereo Blaster Pro" demo by HU-Soft that used CMC sounds and the Pokes - Armin demonstrated it once to me and the stereo effects sounded good. Furthermore there were several stereo-demos for the Stereo-Blaster Pro that demonstrated its use (e.g. a helicopter flying from left to right, a Pong ball bouncing from left to right and a game without any graphics - where one had to search for a treasure chest just by listening to the sound) and they were -allthough graphically extremely simple- very impressive !! I have collected these demos, but I do not own a Stereo Blaster Pro, instead I have a Stereo Phaser...

Attached the stereo blaster pro software here, also attached the AMC title pics in Gr. 15 (plus some more pics, like e.g. a Gr. 15 pic of Stereo Blaster!) and the AMC tribute pics (extremely low resolution 256-colour pics of our last meeting in Nov. 1997; the guy with blue trousers and white pullover is me; the guy in the red/black/white sport-dress is Armin Stuermer; the other guys are Thomas Grasel, Harry Reminder, Thorsten Butschke, Reimund Altmayer and Torsten Schall).

greetings, Andreas Koch.
    And err,

regarding your last request, the Friday demo or better Abbuc intro you are searching for is/was on magazine 39, I already uploaded the Abbuc intros above - or are you searching for the Our 5oft demo on the same magazine ?!? If so, I attach the Our 5oft intro 39b here (with a special version of DOS 2.5 made by Reitershan for Atari Germany in 1990)...

greetings, Andreas Koch.
    Hello again,

a few days ago I bought "Digipaint" via ebay. I would like to upload it here, since it had been requested by several Atarians - alas, I do have one problem: My SIO2PC is defective, thus I cannot easily create an ATR image of the original 5,25" Atari disk...

Since it is an enhanced/130k disk, let`s see if WriteATR and my 5,25" PC floppy can do the job... will try it tomorrow. I do not have any other hardware to convert my original Atari disks into ATR images, so I need that SIO2PC repaired (or a new one) asap... -Andreas Koch.
    • 39:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime18 Mar 2011

Hi Andreas, have you repaired your SIO2PC?
    • 40:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime6 Dec 2011

Just to refresh the question :)
    • 41:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime8 Dec 2011

W obu sie wlasnie wypowiedzialem :)
    • 42: CommentAuthorseban
    • CommentTime8 Dec 2011 zmieniony

Hi!

Returning to the Abbuc #39 intro. We (Slight) was asked by Wolfgang Burger to prepare intro for Abbuc #39 magazine. The intro was prepared and send by snail-mail.

We don't know why our intro was placed on side "B" of magazine. Maybe it was delivered to late to Wolfgang and he asked Friday-Soft for next intro.

When P.W. received the Disk with Abbuc Magazine Our intro was on the side "B" of Abbuc #39 magazine.

In the attachment you have the copy of side "B" of Abbuc #39 magazine that we received from Wolfgang Burger/Abbuc.

This demo uses own IRQ loader but after that demo should boot the main DOS placed on disk. I have chcecked it on real hardware and on Altirra. It works fine.

Alright,

after a while I found out, that it was not my SIO2PC, nor my Atari (nor Atari SIO-cable) that was defective - it was the PC or to be more precise: both COM-ports of the PC were defective. So, now I am running SIO2PC on a new PC board (currently 800Mhz with MS-DOS, next one will be 2.1Ghz with MS-DOS)...

So, here I go again. I have bought Digi-Paint via ebay, alas, the disk seems to be either defective or incomplete (maybe files are missing?). Whenever I boot the diskette, after a while it reboots automatically, no matter if I hold down Option key or not. Still I am uploading the ATR image here, maybe someone can repair it... if not (e.g. if files are missing), I cannot help it at least not now.

-Andreas Koch.
    Regarding HBSF,

and his/their desktop program, it is simply named "Desktop Atari" and comes on 3 disks / 6 disksides (6x 130k) for any Atari XL/XE with at least 64k RAM. Bought the program, but did not test it, so hopefully the created ATR images work alright...

-Andreas Koch.
    Well,
    here is a scan of the "Desktop Atari" manual (german language). It was scanned as JPG and then converted into PDF. You may think the page-numbering is weird, but it is not. Just print it out and then fold the manual to A5 size... -Andreas Koch.
    And err,

here is the scan of the "Digi-Paint" manual (again, german language). It was also scanned as JPG and then converted into PDF. The manual has 5 loose A5 pages, so it was easy to scan... -Andreas Koch.
    • 47:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime9 Dec 2011

Thanks Andreas!
    • 48:

CommentAuthorDracon
    • CommentTime6 Nov 2018 zmieniony

@CharlieChaplin
    Hi again, could you write some more? ;)

For our ATARIKI base, I would like to ask you about:
    - HOBBY-TRONIC: what it was, and how long it last (and when started) ?

- HALLE-PROJECT: the same as above...

Are there hold any similar Atari computer-parties in Germany nowadays?

And could you post here zip packages with:
    - TKS MACRO-ASSEMBLER 130XE+ (very modern at its time but nearly completely unknown in Poland)
    - TKS SOUND MONITOR (by Torsten Karwoth, I wonder what he's doing nowadays?)
    - BENJY SOUND MONITOR
    - PEGASUS SOUND MONITOR

They are all history of Atari music editors, so it's worth to keep them in one place, I guess.

Does Blue Flame released anything else than game "Mad Stone" ?

And last but not least, what about current status of "XL-ART" program? Did ABBUC released it for free at last? :o It would be extremely nice to have it as freeware nowadays.

Regards and thx for your attention :)
    Hello,

the Hobbytronic events started in 1978 and lasted until 2008, they were held in the Westfalenhallen in Dortmund. Of course in 1978 the major part of it was all kinds of electronics and home computers were hardly seen. This changed in the middle of the 80s, when home computers became famous and after a while Abbuc had its own booth there. So in 1987 they also started doing the Hobbytronic demos, which lasted until 1992. After Atari (Jack Tramiel himself!) announced that they will not be at the Hobbytronic any longer (in 1993), Abbuc decided not to attend the Hobbytronic with its own booth anymore...

You can find Hobbytronic demos from 1987 to 1992; alas, the 1991 Hobbytronic version contains a part of P.Sabath (afair part two on diskside 1, Megaballs) that does not work / crashes on most XL/XE computers and since it was almost on the beginning of the demo disks, one could not see the other parts. So the Top-Crew made a special "file-version" of this demo, where one can load every single part (but they do not continue chain-loading the other parts anymore, they just crash at the end)...

The Halle-Project was the "un-official" follow-up of the Hobbytronic for the A8, it was organized by the Top-Crew in Halle, started in 1993 and alas, already ended in 1994. (In 1994 they changed the location in Halle, but made that official way too late, so very few Atarians were there; I drove with a friend to the old location and allthough we asked hundreds of citizens of Halle, no-one could tell me where this event should take place, so I had to drive home again and was very frustrated)...

Nowadays we have many local retro-parties (for 8Bit and/or 16Bit computer and consoles) in Germany, some of them are organized by Abbuc members, some of them are regional Abbuc user crew meetings. Think one of the biggest A8 parties is the Fujiama in Lengenfeld, the next Fujiama lasts a whole week (26th August until 1st September 2019). I have not been there for many years, but if I remember correctly there is not much programming going on there. There are no demo, gfx, snd, game, etc. programming competitions there. Instead they do lots of gaming competitions (high-score contests) there, test the hardware for the Abbuc hardware contest there and lots of other fun stuff with lots of beer and pizza (but no hummer car and no go-go girls, no strip-poker). The only girls you meet there are the women of the Atarians or their daughters ;-)

I already uploaded all the TKS stuff I have above...

- TKS Macro Assembler 130XE+ is TK-ASS 2.1 above (he used a lower version number for a newer version! works best with MyDOS and supports up to 1MB XRAM; TK-Ass 4.32 is the older version!)

- TKS soundmonitor is Soundmon. Prof. or SmonProf and Smonsteo above

One of the Abbuc members (who is hunting for all kinds of german Atari software and writing/collecting/uploading to the german Atariwiki) contacted TK, asking him about his TB XL enhancement and if he has some sourcecode of TB XL. TK answered that he did dis-assemble TB XL, but he lost all of his A8 software and hardware when his cellar was heavily flooded. So TK does not have any A8 hardware or software anymore it seems...

- I have Benjy Soundmonitor V1.9 somewhere on my DOS-PC (connected to the A8 with SIO2PC), will upload it tomorrow

- I also have the Pegasus soundmonitor on this DOS PC and will upload it tomorrow

For most of the polish sound editors (CMC, MPT, TMC, FC, etc.) you can get various sound-players that playback these sounds without the editor. Alas, this is not the case for all those german sound editors, there are no stand-alone soundplayers for Black Magic Composer, Benjy Sound Monitor, The Soundmachine, Soundmon. Prof., Pegasus Sound Monitor, etc. So you always have to load the editor to play these sounds, load a demo or game that contains these sounds or search for the converted SAP file, which is a pity... maybe someone from Poland has to code sound-players for german A8 sound editors ?!? ;-)

Regarding Hobbytronic and its end, they found that Hobbytronic was too crowded and much too loud (especially for serious visitors) and decided to split the Hobbytronic into two seperate parts: a)the electronics and serious computer stuff and b) the gaming, fun and entertainment computer and console stuff. The latter became known as the Gamescom (first situated in Leipzig, where Abbuc did have a booth, later and nowadays situated in Koeln). After the separation, the Gamescom became very big and famous (even outside Germany), whereas the Hobbytronic did not get enough dealers, vendors and publishers anymore that were interested for 2009 - so it was decided to end the Hobbytronic (thus Hobbytronic 2008 was the last one and the separation was a shot in the knee and killed off Hobbytronic)...

Blue Flame had not released anything besides Mad Stone (or if he did, I have never seen it). Regarding XL-Art, Abbuc has not released the program yet, so I do not know if it is Freeware/PD or not. They have the rights for all Compyshop software and hardware, but XL-Art has not been released anywhere (not in the magazine, not in the special-magazine not as an annual gift)... and I have only a pirated version of it in my collection.
    • 50: CommentAuthorgorgh
    • CommentTime8 Nov 2018

Nice story Charlie